Spicy Nutmeg Cookies
KindEARTH/ Anastasia Eden
- 1¼ cups oats
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 heaped tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ small ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Measure all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the banana, add to the bowl and then mix in roughly.
- Make a small well in the middle of your ingredients; add all the wet ingredients into the well and then mix everything together thoroughly. Use the back of a metal spoon to press down and press into the mixture to help the ingredients combine. Be sure that everything is thoroughly mixed, with no lumps of banana or tahini.
- Shape into golf ball sized balls and then gently flatten into cookie shapes about a ½ to ¾ of an inch thick and carefully place on an oiled baking tray (I use parchment paper). If the cookies crumble while shaping, then just compress them more firmly between your hands.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated 375F for about 15 minutes or until the tops are a very light tan.
- Once baked, carefully place onto a cooling tray and allow to cool before serving. They will crumble if you do not let them cool.